World Cup Betting 2018 Guide
As far as international football is concerned, there is undoubtedly no bigger competition than the World Cup. With Russia set to host the historic event in 2018, a whole host of nations will be looking to make it through to the final at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow. Read our guide below to find out more about what to expect.
Top World Cup Betting Promotions
Some of the bookmakers that usually have promotions for the World Cup are as follows:
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.Terms & Conditions
Sign up with Bet365 Bonus Code: BIGBET The bet365 bonus code is available for new customers at bet365. You can use it to activate the bet365 sign up offer to get bet credits for new customers. Bet365 Bonus Codes Below you can find a list of bet365 bonus codes available in the UK: Bet365 Product Description Bet365 Bonus Code bet365 Sports Sports Offer. T&Cs Apply. BIGBET bet365 Casino Casino Bonus. T&Cs Apply. MAXMAX bet365 Poker Poker Bonus. T&Cs Apply. MAXMAX bet365...
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.Terms & Conditions
Ladbrokes Promo Code All the new customers in the UK have the opportunity to benefit from the latest Ladbrokes sign up offer. A new customer welcome bonus (18+ | T&Cs Apply |) can be claimed by registering, using the Ladbrokes promo code and then depositing. Use CODE! Ladbrokes Promo Code Ladbrokes Promo Details Ladbrokes Promo Code Get Code Promotion Type Free Bets Bonus Offer £20 In Free Bets Timing Restriction First bet to be made within 14 days Minimum qualifying bet £5 Minimum...
New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.Terms & Conditions
William Hill Promo Code Singing up with the William Hill Promo Code entitles you to receive £30 in free bets. This bonus will be credited to your account as three £10 free bets, after signing up with the William Hill Promotional Code, and staking £10, or more. (New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions...
New Customers Only. If your bet loses we will refund your stake up to max of £10. Bet must be placed within 7 days of sign up. Visa and Mastercard deposit only. Refunds paid within 72 hours 18+. T&C’s apply.Terms & Conditions
Matchbook Bonus Code: MAXSPORT New customers who create an account, deposit funds, place bets and use the Matchbook Bonus Code MAXSPORT will be eligible for the Matchbook Welcome Offer. As a new customer, you can receive a welcome bonus for sports when you sign up (18+ | T&Cs Apply). Matchbook Bonus Codes Matchbook Products Matchbook Offers Matchbook Bonus Codes Matchbook Sports Betting Free £20 Bet MAXSPORT Matchbook Horse Betting 1.5% commission on net winnings MAXSPORT Matchbook Casino Welcome Bonus 100% up to...
New customers only. A qualifying bet is a losing first settled real money single bet of at least £10 or more (at odds of evens (2.0) or greater (or a multiple where each selection is at odds of 2/5 (1.4) or more. Only losing win single part of an E/W bet will qualify. free bet credited within 24 hours of qualifying bet settling and must be used within 14 days. free bet stake not included in returns. Full T&C's apply.Terms & Conditions
Genting Bet Promo Code: TOPSPORT Sign up with the Genting Bet Promo Code and get a £10 First Settled Bet Insurance (18+ | T&Cs Apply). This Genting Bet sign up offer is for new customers in the UK who are over 18. Genting Bet Promo Codes List of valid Genting Bet Bonus Codes for : Category Description Promo Code Genting Bet £10 First Bet Insurance TOPSPORT Genting Casino 200% Up To £400 MAXPLAY Sports T&Cs Terms & Conditions Apply T&Cs...
EnergyBet Promo Code Get the latest welcome offers at EnergyBet when you sign up as a new customer (18+ | T&Cs Apply). Enjoy high energy real-time betting with the latest games and live sporting action with the EnergyBet Promo Code: MAXCODE Bonus Requirements Bonus Description Energybet Promo Code Signup Bonus 100% deposit match bonus up to £50 MAXCODE Type of bonus Deposit match MAXCODE Deposit required £10 or more MAXCODE Odds restrictions 1/5 MAXCODE Wagering requirements 10x MAXCODE Get The Promo...
Only bets of at least GBP/EUR5 on the odds of 1/2 (1.50) and above (if a combination bet fully loses, the total odds must be more than 1.50). Players who have made their first deposit via Skrill (Moneybookers) will not be eligible for this promotion. Dafabet will match the first bet of qualified player up to a maximum of £/€30 if it does not win, as a free bet. The free bet shall automatically be credited to the accounts of the player within 24 hours after the first bet settlement. 18+ | T&Cs apply.Terms & Conditions
Dafabet Coupon Code Sign up with the Dafabet Coupon Code to claim the latest Dafabet welcome offer (18+ |T&Cs apply). Please note this is a new customer offer only. Continue reading to learn more about the Dafabet coupon code and the welcome bonus it offers. Claim your Coupon Code Dafabet Coupon Code Bonus type: Bonus description: Dafabet Coupon Code: Dafabet bonus offer Get up to £30 if your first bet loses Reveal Code Free Bet Up To £30 on 6+ ACCA...
This offer is available to new customers only. 18+. Located in UK. Only sports bets of minimum £1 with odds 2/5 (1.40) or greater. If your bet wins, the bonus is deemed complete. You receive your winnings & stake. If your bet loses, you will receive your stake back up to a maximum of £40. No withdraws of bonus money until the bonus is completed, cancelled or expired. £10 casino bonus credited 24 hrs after first deposit. 35x wagering. Bonus funds expire after 30 days.Terms & Conditions
Unibet Promo Code Sign up today with the Unibet Promo Code and claim Unibet's welcome offer when you make your first deposit (18+ |T&Cs Apply). The bonus is for new customers only. Get Unibet Grand National Betting Offers this soon! REVEAL THE PROMO CODE Unibet Promo Codes A list of Unibet Bonuses currently valid in the UK: Unibet Products Unibet Offers Unibet Promo Codes Unibet Sports Up to £40 Money Back Reveal Promo Code Unibet Welcome Bundle Bet...
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.Terms & Conditions
Betfair Promo Code Betfair UK have a new customer offer for all users over the age of 18 who register. To claim this promotion, enter your Betfair Promo Code when you sign up (18+ |T&Cs apply). Get the Promo Code! The Betfair joining offer is good in comparison to other bookmakers. However, before you complete the Betfair registration process, it is always worth checking what other bookmaker offers (i.e. Matchbook bonus code) are available. Betfair Promo Code If you plan...
18+. UK + IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.Terms & Conditions
Coral Promo Code Creating a new account at Coral entitles you to claim their welcome promotion (18+ | T&Cs Apply). This promotion and the Coral promo code are only available for new customers who bet real money on sporting events like the Grand National! Get the Promo Code! 18+ New Online UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds ½ = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets...
Up to £1,000 Commission Back at the end of first 30 days as withdrawable funds. Standard 2% commission rate applies. Not available to API or RDT customers. Does not apply to multiple bets.Terms & Conditions
Betdaq Promo Code New customers to Betdaq can take advantage of their welcome offer (18+ | T&Cs apply) when they open an account and enter the Betdaq Promo Code. To claim the sign-up offer new customers have the option of entering the Betdaq Promo Code during the registration process. Betdaq Promo Code When you sign up with the Betdaq promo code you can claim the latest Betdaq welcome offer. However, please be aware there are some terms that apply when you...
WELCOME BONUS – New customers • 18+ • UK only • Make your first deposit of min £30 cash on any sport market and receive a match deposit bonus of 100% on your deposit up to £200 • Deposits made using Skrill, Moneybookers, Neteller, PaySafeCard and Ukash will not qualify for this promotion • Player must wager their “BONUS + DEPOSIT” amount 8 times at a min odds of Evens (2.0) • The bonus amount can never be withdrawn • Real money balance can always be withdrawn • T&Cs ApplyTerms & Conditions
Winner Coupon Code Winner UK offers a special welcome bonus for all the new customers. Make your first deposit on any sports market and receive a new customer bonus (18+ | T&Cs Apply). Winner are known as a brand which offers an exhaustive selection of sports markets and attractive odds. See what the Winner Coupon Code is and start betting at Winner sports. Get the coupon code! Winner Coupon Code Customers new to Winner can use the Winner Coupon...
- Top World Cup Betting Promotions
- Promo Codes
- World Cup Betting 2018 Guide
- How to Bet on the World Cup 2018
- Best Bookmakers for World Cup Betting
- World Cup 2018 Bonuses & Promotions
- Best Types of bets on the 2018 World Cup
- World Cup Betting 2018 Strategies
- World Cup Betting 2018 Tips
- World Cup 2018 Draw
- World Cup 2018 Favourites
The majority of bookmakers prepare special attractive promotional offers for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Make sure to be on the lookout for them with the aim of finding the best ones that fit your betting style.
You should also keep in mind that plenty of these offers might come with promo codes. It means that a certain promotion could require special code for its activation.
If there’s a promo code applicable, all you have to do is to insert it correctly in the required field. That’s the first step of unlocking the bonus. The next step is to meet all the terms and conditions that apply to the offer.
World Cup Betting 2018 Guide
For those keen on backing your favourite team both before and during the tournament, our World Cup betting 2018 guide will provide readers with all the information and news surrounding wagering on the event in Russia. Similar to our Premier League Betting Guide; whether it be the best odds, generous bonuses or betting strategies that you are looking for, we have all bases covered in our detailed guide.
With some of the world’s best players hoping to shine on the international stage for their respective nations, there is almost endless opportunities to wager on your favourite team. With a whole host of bookmakers and online betting platforms competing for customers surrounding the tournament, we also take a closer look at the most suitable sportsbooks for you.
With many teams still battling to make it through to the finals, with 32 nations making up the draw, there are markets available throughout the qualifying campaign. Each side that finishes top of their respective group will qualify for the finals, with play-off rounds separating the best of the rest. With such action providing even more opportunities to make a profit on high-quality international football action, a whole host of markets are available online for you to take advantage of.
How to Bet on the World Cup 2018
With the World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign still going on, as well as the tournament Finals being less than a year away now, there are a number of different factors that must be taken into consideration for those looking to make any substantial earnings off the back of it.
With names such as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar Jr set to take part in Russia, along with countless other big names, games are likely to be highly competitive, with backing the tournament winner perhaps even trickier. However, following these simple rules will undoubtedly enhance your chances of beating the bookmakers come the end of the competition:
- Bet when there is value
- Specialise in certain markets
- Stick to a consistent stake
- Keep betting records
- Utilise multiple bookmakers
- Never bet in anger
Elsewhere, and due to the format of the competition, carrying out research surrounding all World Cup bets is a must, with a team’s motivation for victory, player availability and head-to-head records all likely to have an impact upon a final result. A wide variety of information and data is available surrounding matches, with statistics surrounding goals, form and their opponents among the most important details. Football has long been one of the most successful sports when it comes to wagering, with the 2018 World Cup set to attract the highest number of bets in history.
However, due to this, online bookmakers will be doing their upmost to ensure that they come out on top, meaning that punters will be forced to look into more diverse markets if they are to consistently place winning bets. With the favourite team’s generally being backed at very short odds due to their star players and standing in world football, markets such as number of goals, first goalscorer, both teams to score and half time/ full time are worth considering as alternatives to standard win/lose bets.
Best Bookmakers for World Cup Betting
With so many bookmakers to choose from when looking to place a bet on the 2018 World Cup, it can be difficult to make a decision. Of course, you are not limited to registering with just one platform, however the following names are some of the bookies to consider both during the remainder of qualifying and ahead of the finals in Russia next year.
- Ladbrokes – Another platform with an excellent reputation, Ladbrokes offer a large number of markets on both World Cup qualifying and finals matches, as well as more obscure opportunities surrounding the outright tournament winner and top goalscorer. Their range of promotions are also likely to entice many new customers into registering, with their easy-to-use interface online and via mobile devices making betting easier than ever.
- William Hill – William Hill are widely regarded as offering the best odds on football matches among all online bookmakers, making them an excellent option for those looking to place bets throughout the tournament. While they also offer the occasional promotion to customers, their focus is generally on the odds surrounding matches, as well as their wide range of markets.
World Cup 2018 Bonuses & Promotions
Most online bookmakers will try and entice customers into both registering and consistently placing bets by offering promotions for both new and existing customers. Ranging from free bet bonuses to insurance promotions, these are well worth taking advantage of, especially during a major tournament such as the World Cup. For those looking to utilise sign up offers or promotions surrounding the World Cup, be aware that each offer has their own individual terms and conditions.
Best Types of bets on the 2018 World Cup
As previously mentioned, duo to the huge attention in which the World Cup receives, many bookmakers are likely to offer a wide range of markets surrounding the famous tournament. While simply backing your favourite in win/loss markets may on occasion be a wise form of wagering, looking at more diverse markets will generally see the odds become more appealing. Below are just some of the markets worth considering when looking to place a bet on World Cup 2018 matches:
- First Goalscorer – Having long been a popular market among football betting punters, backing the player in which you believe will score the first goal during a particular match often attracts large amounts of interest due to enhanced odds. Whether it be backing Messi to score first for Argentina or Ronaldo to open the scoring for Euro 2016 winners Portugal, many bookmakers offer the option to bet on this area of matches. Having looked at the starting line-ups of the two teams involved, backing an in-form striker or a goalscoring defender may just see you win big. However, this market is sometimes neglected, due to the fact that bets can be over in just a matter of minutes.
- Both Teams to Score – Such markets are also worth looking at when betting on World Cup matches. Given the quality on display during the tournament, the chances of both teams producing a moment of quality in front of goal is a likely occurrence. Odds available for this market are generally very appealing, with World Cup history demonstrating that this is well worth considering surrounding certain matches. Whether it be Brazil and Germany to both score or England to level the score in an encounter with Spain, looking at a team’s attacking and defensive records will demonstrate as to whether they are worth backing.
- Time of First Goal – Despite not being available with every bookmaker, this is a market that is increasingly gaining in popularity. With some teams within the World Cup set to dominate over lesser known teams, betting on an early goal is well worth considering. Elsewhere, other matches are likely to be much more competitive, with just a single goal separating the two teams. Here, backing a goal in the last ten minutes could well earn a significant amount of money. This is certainly one of the most exciting bets that can be placed, especially for those who are able to watch the action live as it is played out.
- Over/Under – Another market that you can take advantage of is over/under. This means that you are predicting whether the total goals scored during an encounter will amount to more or less than a specific number. You will often find that bookmakers offer this type of bet on over/under 0.5, 1.5, 3.5, or 4.5 goals, with particularly appealing odds.
- Handicap – Handicap betting has long been a firm favourite with football fans, with this market also available throughout the World Cup qualifying campaign and finals themselves. Often used as a way to crank up the odds offered, a team may be given half a goal, a goal start, or even more on occasion, with the odds lengthening in order to accommodate this. During the World Cup Finals next year, the likes of Brazil, Germany and Spain could potentially take on the likes of Iceland and Japan. Due to their favourites tag, odds on them winning despite a handicap will be appealing.
- Other – Elsewhere, a number of other markets have been introduced over recent years, with scorecast, number of corners, cards and throw-ins among the most popular. If two teams have a reputation for being particularly aggressive, backing a number of yellow cards could be a wise decision.
World Cup Betting 2018 Strategies
Whether it be during qualifying or the World Cup Finals itself, you must have a strategy surrounding your wagering. Having signed up with a bookmaker, it can be very easy to lose sight of why you registered in the first place, with many seemingly aimlessly placing bets in the hope of coming out on top.
Betting on the outcome of a single match means that you have a 33% chance of being successful, judging on the fact that games can end in a win, draw or loss for an individual team. As a result, those looking to place bets on World Cup matches and the tournament, in general, should develop a strategy, no matter how detailed it may be.
As a result, we have developed a strategy that will significantly enhance your chances of being successful by the time the winning team has lifted the famous trophy. While there is no such thing as a guaranteed winning bet when it comes to wagering on the World Cup, following our carefully planned steps will certainly enhance your chances of beating the bookmakers.
- Step 1 – The first step is to determine how much money you are willing to stake over a certain period of time. For single bets, it is often advised that no more than 5% of your money should be wagered. It is important to stick to a rough amount, avoiding the temptation to go big on Germany to beat Norway, for example.
- Step 2 – Once you have your stake, you should then research everything concerning a potential betting selection, even if it is the team in which you support or follow. Look at their strengths, weaknesses, form, statistics, head-to-head records and available players. If England are without star striker Harry Kane due to injury or Phil Jones due to suspension, the chances of them winning are likely to diminish.
- Step 3 – Selecting a bookmaker is your next port of call, registering with a platform who are able to meet your needs, as well as where you will be able to successfully utilise your World Cup 2018 betting strategy. Be careful not to simply go to the bookmaker with the biggest welcome bonus, with odds being more important in the long-term.
- Step 4 – It is now time to start placing bets. Despite the likes of Germany and Spain having won the World Cup in recent history, predicting the outcome of matches during the tournament has become increasingly difficult, with the likes of South Korea and Australia having pulled off shock results recently. The success of a bet can often come down to luck and you are bound to lose bets on occasion, so be sure not to try too hard to regain your stake by placing bets in anger.
World Cup Betting 2018 Tips
While every man and his dog will have an opinion on matches concerning the World Cup, with a wide range of outlets providing news and information surrounding upcoming matches, it is important to follow news from reliable sources. It is easy to simply predict that Brazil will make it through to the last four or Cristiano Ronaldo will be among the leading goalscorers, however, there is far more detailed advice out there that is worth taking advantage of.
Elsewhere, and although this is not a must, we recommend not betting on your favourite team or country where you are from. Should you do so and that nation fails to win, you will suffer double the disappointment. Not only will you be disappointed at the result, but you will also be out of pocket.
World Cup 2018 Draw
With the qualifying campaign coming to an end across the world, with a number of teams still sweating on their participation in Russia next year, the draw for the tournament finals will take place on 1st December 2017. Having seen the line-up for the competition, you will be able to gain a much better understanding of how teams will potentially make it through to the final on the 15th July 2018.
World Cup 2018 Favourites
The usual suspects are likely to be among the leading candidates to lift the trophy in Russia next summer, with Germany, Spain and Italy among the European nations hoping to add to their previous victories. However, South American powerhouses Brazil and Argentina will be a threat to any opponent, while the likes of the Ivory Coast, Japan and the USA are all teams who can cause an upset on their day.
Hosts Russia are not being given a chance by many, however, the tournament is certain to offer up a whole host of talking points. Whether your preferred team is successful on the field or not, you can ensure that you give yourself the best chance of success of it, with following our World Cup 2018 betting guide providing a detailed insight into the betting options available surrounding the tournament.